Most sprinkler systems over time due to dirt, algae, hard water deposits, particles and other debris can become clogged. If your sprinkler system becomes clogged, or the water pressure isn't as strong, it is time to clean out or repair your sprinkler system.
Sprinkler System Check List – Get it Working Properly:
- First turn off your system to relieve water pressure.
- If your system has a filter, check it for damage and replace as needed or unclog it with water pressure.
- To prevent future clogs and rust stain be sure to change your filter at least once every three months.
- If a cloged or damanged fllter isn't the problem check your sprinkler heads. They might not be working properly because of blockage or damage so clean out or replace heads as needed. Most home improvement stores that carrie parts for your system.
- Check your system's water pressure to see if it is at the right water pressure for your system to work right.
- Check your pump, if you have one, see if it is working at the right pressure.
- If you use outside water supply, check pressure on the system and check to see if all valves are open.
- Check sprinkler system manual for help with your system parts and repairs.